SafeCharge is a global payment technology company that offers a wide range of local and international payment methods to suit your business needs. Correct payment methods at the checkout page can bring you global reach, help you increase conversions, and create a seamless experience for your customers. Our plugin for Magento 2 makes it easy for businesses to set up payments while ensuring the security of the transactions. Here you’ll find a step by step procedure to install your payment plugin for Magento 2 and start accepting payments. If you are looking for Magento 1 installation guide, click here.
Link to Magento 2 dev docs.
Magento 2 Integration guide
Step 1. Logging in to your Magento 2 Admin Panel
Once your account has been set up, you can access the Plugin through your Internet browser
Enter your Username and Password and click Sign in and the Dashboard screen appears.
Step 2: Navigating the Plugin
The plugin contains the functionality that will be used in your account. The 2 main functionalities that will serve your needs are “Stores” and “Sales” which are in the column on the left side of the page.
Step 3: Configuration
- From the Stores section, you can manage your account details and set the credentials that were given to you by the SafeCharge Integration Team. Click Stores and then Configuration and the Configuration Page appears.
2. From the tabs on the left, select SALES and the Sales dropdown menu appears.
3. From the SALES dropdown menu, select Payment Methods and the available methods are displayed on the right.
4. From the list of payment method there are two options under SafeCharge; Basic Configuration and Advanced Configuration.
5. Basic Configuration:
This tab allows you to implement the account credentials that were provided by the SafeCharge Integration team. You can toggle between the Test and Production using the Mode button. Press the Save Config button to save your changes.
6. Advanced Configuration:
This tab allows you to implement the payment options for your payments. You can toggle between Settle and Auth-Settle using the Payment Action dropdown menu, as well as toggle between SafeCharge Payment Page and SafeCharge REST API using the Payment Solution dropdown menu. Press the Save Config button to save your changes.
7. Transaction Reports
From the plugin, you can find Sale requests that were sent from your account, as well as settle, credit, and void transactions.
To view transaction details:
From the Sales section, you can view and manage your transactions. Click Sales and then Orders and the Orders Page appears
- To view the transaction details, click View in the Action column of the desired transactions and the Order & Account Information page appears.
- On this page, you can find the order details such as the customer information, the item that was ordered, and the amount paid.
8. Create an invoice
- To determine whether a specific transaction can be settled, credited or voided; from the ORDER VIEW tab on the left, click Invoices and the list of available transactions appear.
- Click View in the Action column of the desired transactions and the order invoice appears.
9. Perform a refund:
- From the invoice, click the Credit Memo button on the upper right corner of the invoice and the New Memo window appears.
2. Enter the desired amounts in the Refund Totals section and click the Refund button and the refund is applied.
10. Perform a partial refund by changing the quantity
From the new memo window adjust the quantity of goods in the Qty of Refund box (step 1) and click Update Qty’s (step 2) and then click Refund (step 3) and the refund is applied.
11. Settle a transaction:
- From the Order list select View from the Action of the desired transaction whose status is listed as ‘SC Auth’ and the Order & Account Information window appears.
2. You can void the transaction by clicking the Void (Red) tab or settle it by clicking the Invoice tab (Green) and the New Invoice window appears.
3. From the New Invoice page, you can adjust the quantity of goods in the Qty of Refund column. Click the Submit Invoice button and the invoice is updated.
Please contact SafeCharge Tech-Support team in case you have issues installing, configuring or using the SafeCharge Magento 2 plugin.